Locally-Led Destination Development meeting in Stranraer.
This info comes from the South of Scotland Destination Alliance.
Local businesses and groups are invited to come to the Millennium Centre 11.30-3 on Thu 7 September to:
- Feed into the development of the South of Scotland Responsible Tourism Strategy, which will underpin the work of all related agencies, including SOSE, Visit Scotland, D&G Council, Scottish Borders Council and SSDA for the next decade.
- Agree local priorities and clear actions to support tourism in your area.
- Agree a locally-appropriate way of extending the visitor season, as part of a major new destination-wide campaign.
- Listen to how you want your local area represented (including the commissioning of new promotional films for all 14 areas within the South of Scotland).
- Discuss how the Scotland Starts Here brand can best support businesses locally.
Book here on Eventbrite to attend.
The SSDA will publish a draft Strategy in the autumn, with a second consultation at that point for you to input, before anything is finalised.
Read more about the Strategy.
Sharing SSDA’s Operational Plan
The SSDA’s 2023-24 Operational Plan, sets out exactly what the SSDA will do over the next year to deliver on members’ priorities.
South of Scotland Destination Alliance (SSDA)