A PLACE PLAN FOR STRANRAER
WELCOME TO STRANRAER’S PLACE PLAN!
Towns and villages across the country are working on ‘Place Plans’. A Place Plan describes an area, its needs and ambitions. SEE OURS ABOVE.
Stranraer’s Place Plan is a community-led plan, creating working with local people. Our Plan could unlock millions in funding to help transform our town.
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
October 2022-March 2023
- From October 2022 to March 2023, we engaged with local people.
- We drew on their insights and ideas to create a draft Place Plan for Stranraer.
- We produced a draft Place Plan.
- We presented the draft Place Plan at a public meeting in June 2023.
- We invited locals to rank priorities and held a month-long consultation.
- We shared the draft online, with Community Councillors and Councillors, at meetings, at Assemblies for all years at the Academy and made copies available in print at Stranraer Library, in the Millennium Centre, at Gateway to Galloway, at the College and at the Reuse Shop.
- We invited locals to Rank 6 Priorities and feedback on the Plan in a survey on Citizen Space (for reference only – now closed) .
- 600 people responded.
- We published analysis of survey feedback on Citizen Space
- We redrafted the Place Plan for its final version.
- Stranraer’s Place Plan submitted to Dumfries & Galloway Council for adoption.
- Our Place Plan is adopted as a Local Place Plan forming part of the suite of Local Development Plans that guide Council Planning decision-making on changes in the local environment.
- The Place Plan submitted to Borderlands Investment Growth Plan in September 2023 to bid for funding.
- We aim to use the Plan to open discussions with Scottish Government to secure £6 million they promised us back when the ferries left. We will ask for it to be index linked.
With our One Vision, One Plan approach, we hope this will be the start of a new chapter for the town.
One vision, one plan