Thanks to the commitment of local individuals with a range of interests who joined our Town Team to help us lick the Plan into shape in its final stages. (Some of them (pictured fuzzily above) appear (clearly!) in a short film about the Place Plan.
- Nikki Vjatschslav, Chair – growing and community
- Cloe Allison – youth and democracy
- Harry Harbottle – community, watersports
- Fiona Herron – further education
- Finlay Lamont – inclusion and active travel
- Mike Lane – enterprise and education
- Catriona McGhie – music, arts, culture, community
- Sandra McHarrie – community council and arts
- Murdo Macleod – health and wellbeing
- Douglas McMillan – business development
- Eva Milroy – further education
- Paul Smith – environment and enterprise
The film also features Romano Petrucci who chairs Stranraer Development Trust – the key community organisation responsible for coordinating this Place Plan process. Romano was on a Steering Group for the process along with Douglas McMillan, Alex Haswell and Harry Harbottle and officers Lena Hutton from South of Scotland Enterprise and Chris Churms, Economic Development Officer at Dumfries & Galloway Council who set up the Town Team.
Thanks too to the marvellous Kerry Monteith, Council Ward Officer, always at hand to help.